Some of this year’s NEW highlights include:
• The Royal Canadian Air Force’s CH-146 Griffon Search and Rescue Helicopter; visitors can meet the brave first responders, pilots and technicians who help keep our waters safe, and tour the iconic yellow helicopter up-close.
• Remote-controlled sailing regatta: sailboat competition on the indoor lake, complete with obstacle course and giant fans to simulate wind conditions
• Freestyle Kayaking demo from Team Canada’s Joey Hitchins (of Ontario)
• Indoor Wakeboard Championships where pro and intermediate wakeboarders will compete over two days on the indoor lake for a cash prize
• Women’s Day at TIBS on January 20 offering a full day of boating seminars and guest speakers designed to educate and inspire female boaters with a keynote entitled Build Your Confidence by best-selling author Deb Cantrell
• More than 1200 boats on display from sea fleas to 100-year-old boats and 60ft luxury yachts